VMware {code} Community
ltx1472580369
Contributor
Contributor

When the p2v source is localhost, can you directly perform the p2v operation without the username and password?

Hello! When the p2v source is localhost, can you directly perform the p2v operation without the username and password?
This question is very urgent? We want to implement convenient p2v in this machine.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Run GUI "as administrator"

HTH

0 Kudos
ltx1472580369
Contributor
Contributor

hello, This is my question. What I want to say is that can p2v be powered by vmware-converter-sdk without user name and password input?I use VMware-converter- SDK -6.1.0-3410145

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What happens when you try it? If it works - then the answer is 'yes'.

0 Kudos
ltx1472580369
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Now I am developing with vmware-converter-sdk. Can I use p2v local host without the account password?
0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check out the local machine conversion in SDK samples.

Also get the latest Converter available.

HTH

0 Kudos
ltx1472580369
Contributor
Contributor

I did not find the local machine conversion in the SDK sample. All I saw was that you need to enter the account password to perform p2v.If you have a local machine that can use p2v without password, please send me an email: ltx1472580369@126.com, I will be very grateful.
0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ensure to download latest Converter 6.2.0.1 and SDK from here vCenter Converter SDK - VMware {code}

HTH

0 Kudos
ltx1472580369
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much!However, what I don't know is that "Connect to a local server" on the interface, can I do common things in the SDK without filling in the user name and password
0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you asking about Converter server credentials?

The syntax from readme_java.htm is:

java -cp %LOCALCLASSPATH% SubmitWinP2VJob/Program <Converter server address> <Converter server user name> <Converter server password> <properties file>

Let me check if this is correct - you want to start the SDK samples without passing Converter server credentials, right?

If that's the case, unfortunately the answer is "you can't". That's the syntax,  the functionality in the GUI client to connect to local server is not implemented in the SDK.

On the other hand, if the question is about converting this local machine, then you should enter an empty string to source.physical.address in the properties file. I think just leaving it empty should be fine, also that username and password should not be taken into account.

Regards,

Plamen

0 Kudos
ltx1472580369
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thank you for answering my question.
0 Kudos