VMware Communities
article15
Contributor
Contributor

workstation guest uses host drive like crazy.

hi all;

everythings was perfect there was no problem, i didnt changed anything...didnt installed or removed any thing from host or guest but sudenly at 1 morning workstations guest decided to use hosts hard drive like crazy...and i mean crazy cuz its allways at %100 some times settle downs to normal values but sometimes, most of the time if its runnning vmware-vmx.exe uses orginal harddisk at %100 capacity.

was read some documents about it but none of them was realaeted with my problem..

does any one had this? knows solution?

host : i7-3940XM, 32 gb corsair 1866mhz, 2x 750 momentus xt raid0, windows 7 x64.

guests: windows 8 x64 pro, windows 7 ent. (and yes all guest doin same problem)

thnx

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

One big problem here, running mac os 10.3 is not allowed on a non-apple hardware and not supported on VMware Workstation.

You are breaking Apple EULA:s and the community guidelines that you accepted when creating an account here.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
article15
Contributor
Contributor

ıt was only for test purposes...not using it normal conditions...after that problem happens i would like to see it if its does that too..

but yes it was...and its ok now ithink...dont know about it sorry.

0 Kudos