VMware Communities
tarheelpa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vcpu-0 Error Message when powering up VMware WorkStation 12.7 Version

I recently posted about an error message when attempting to power on a DOS program that is held on my flash drive.  It worked for a couple of days and then I began to get this error message that is:

VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)

vcpu-0:VERIFY vmcore/vmm/main/cpuid.c:386 bugNr=1036521

A log file is available in "C:\Users\Swamp\Documents\Virtual Machines\DOS\vmware.log".

You can request support.

To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Data" from the Help menu.

You can also run the "vm-support" script in the Workstation folder directly.

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

I have the Virtualization enabled on the BIOS, my instructor of the class I am taking has placed another copy of the DOS program on the flash drive and deleted the old one.  I recently upgraded to 12.7 which did not help. I hope I am offering enough inform@ation to get some help out there.  Thanks

I also failed to mention that I am using an HP Envy m7 with a 64bit OS and 16 GB of RAM with i7--7500U CPU @ 2.7GHz  2.9 GHz  and Windows 10 Home and a Sacdisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive 128 GB

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It would help if you could attach the log file C:\Users\Swamp\Documents\Virtual Machines\DOS\vmware.log

There is an attach link at the lower right hand side of this reply box. There would also be log files of previous runs in the same folder. They would be named vmware-n.log where n is a number 0 to 5.

Not sure why you mentioned the SANdisk flash drive because based on the folder location of the log, it looks like you running the VM from the disk of the HP Envy m7.

It doesn't hurt nor cost a single dime to check/verify again whether Intel Virtualization Technology is enabled in the BIOS.

Based on the HP Envy m7 User Guide, you enter the BIOS by pressing the ESC key quickly upon power up and then press F10.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05125670#page=54&zoom=auto,-219,576

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It would help if you could attach the log file C:\Users\Swamp\Documents\Virtual Machines\DOS\vmware.log

There is an attach link at the lower right hand side of this reply box. There would also be log files of previous runs in the same folder. They would be named vmware-n.log where n is a number 0 to 5.

Not sure why you mentioned the SANdisk flash drive because based on the folder location of the log, it looks like you running the VM from the disk of the HP Envy m7.

It doesn't hurt nor cost a single dime to check/verify again whether Intel Virtualization Technology is enabled in the BIOS.

Based on the HP Envy m7 User Guide, you enter the BIOS by pressing the ESC key quickly upon power up and then press F10.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05125670#page=54&zoom=auto,-219,576

0 Kudos