VMware Communities
gpneph
Contributor
Contributor

vMware Workstation 9.02 crashes when connecting a local usb device (virtual serial port) to a ESXi hosted virtual machine

Hardware: Lenovo x61, T61
          Digitus DA70516 USB2Serial-Converter
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
                  Windows 7 64 bit
Driver Version DA70516: CDM 2.08.28 WHQL Certified-32bit.zip
                        CDM 2.08.28 WHQL Certified-64bit.zip

When trying to connect a USB2Serial-Converter correctly installed under Windows 7 32bit or 64 bit from VMware

Workstation 9.02 to a hosted virtual machine (ESXi-Server 5.1), VMware Workstation crashes with an access violation.

Using the same hardware under Linux Mint 14 32-bit and Workstation 9.02 for Linux it works out fine.

When trying to connect the USB2Serial-Converter with ViClient 5.1 it works out fine on Lenovo x61, not on T61.
   ViClient does not recognize the correctly installed USB device.

Included files:
vmware-ui-4988.log for Windows 7 32-bit
vmware-ui-5776.log for Windows 7 64-bit

Addition to posting:

Workstation 9.02 crashed on Windows XP Prof. 32 bit trying to connect DA-70516 to a hosted virtual machine giving an

0xc0000005 access violation error. Windows reported a Visual C++ runtime error in vmware.exe: R6025: - pure virtual function call.

On the same system ViClient 5.1 connected DA-70516 to the hosted virtual machine !

Conclusion: ViClient not recognizing the attached usb2serial-adapter seems not to be related to the

VMware Workstation crash trying to connect the usb2serial-adapter ?

Logfiles are attached.

Help would be appreciated.

thread continued by gpneph

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gpneph
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using this to attach the other 2 missing files for my addition; no answer.

0 Kudos
vaughanj
Contributor
Contributor

I've got this same issue. Had it on 8.0.6, upgraded to 9.2 thinking that would fix it.

Windows 7 x64 host.

0 Kudos
Webtramp
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any workaround to this issue? I do experience the same.

Workstation chrashes when I try to connect the USB stick to the VM.

ViClient standard and web do not recognize the USB drive at all.

0 Kudos