VMware Communities
Rmcl1117
Contributor
Contributor

"no 3d support available from the host" when running 5th machine

Hi, I'm having an issue that I just can not find any solutions for online.

My first 4 machines will work perfectly fine, but when I try to run my 5th, I get "no 3d support available from the host" and unable to use the machine for what I need it. Even when they are all clones of the same VM, I can only get 4 going at once.

I'm running VMWARE PRO 16, my CPU usage is at 20%, Memory a 58% disk 50% and GPU 12% so it should be able to handle a few more machines.

I'm not really sure what other info to post, but can provide any other info needed.

if anyone knows how to fix or could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ajgringo619
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How much memory does your GPU have? How much is allocated to your VMs?

Rmcl1117
Contributor
Contributor

Very sorry for the late response, and appreciate you taking the time to reply. 

I'm using a '6GB GTX1 660 ti'. Unless I'm looking at the wrong setting, each VM is using 128mb

they are also using 1GB memory, and 1 processor with 1 core.

and to note, the 5th machine will turn on, and be functional, it even says it has a GPU in device manager, but the error appears on start up and stops me from using league of legends (the purpose of the machine).

gpu.PNG

0 Kudos
ajgringo619
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Does the startup order of the VMs make any difference?

0 Kudos
Rmcl1117
Contributor
Contributor

No, Just which ever 4 I turn on first will work, then any after that will have the error.

0 Kudos
ajgringo619
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

At the top of the window, there's a warning about needing to update the tools on the VM. Has that been done?

0 Kudos