VMware Communities
DemonDante
Contributor
Contributor

more virtual nics on host than the number of nics that appear in virtual network editor

A bug that had previously been corrected has once again been introduced into workstation, but it is now much worse.  The bug is related to the fact that the number of virtual network adapters that workstation installs on the host device is greater than the number of virtual nics that appear in workstation's virtual network editor.  However, the bug has now gotten even worse than it was previously because workstation will continuously install additional virtual network adapters to the host whenever the user attempts to "restore defaults" in the virtual network editor.  The below video demonstrates the bug in action:

Gotta say, Vmware.  You guys are slipping.  Between the bug reports that you choose to ignore and the re-introduction of old bugs into your software, the quality of the product is worse than some of the free/open-source alternatives available.  Makes me regret purchasing your crap software.  But purchase it I did, unfortunately, so you best believe that I will continue making these bug posts until you [bleep unprofessional language] and fix the issues with your increasingly low-quality product 

Moderator edit by wila, please don't discredit your report like that.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
klepp0906
Contributor
Contributor

ever end up sorting this out? ive removed vmware and am to the point i need to reinstall it but am hesitant due to the aforementioned.  its been a problem since before win11 was even released.  I assumed at that time that was the cause for it being an issue and expected it to be ironed out prior to win11's actually release.

whelp,  i installed win11 a few months after launch and wouldnt ya know.  here we are. 

0 Kudos