VMware Communities
ravikanthc
Contributor
Contributor

how make a 4th USB port visible to the Virtual Machine using VMware workstation 10 or change the configuration on which ports are made visible amongst all the available ports.

Hi All,

I am using the VMware workstation 10 and running Windows 8 Enterprise edition. When I connect my Western digital 3.0 USB to one the four USB ports, the device is not accessible from guest VM but is visible to the Host OS.

I tried the other 3 USB ports and it is working fine. Looks like there is a limit on the number of USB ports that are accessible from the VM. Please clarify.

Also, Out of the 4 USB ports 2 of them USB 2.0 and 2 of them are USB 3.0 (SS). Currently both the USB 2.0s and one of the USB 3.0 port is visible to the VM.

If we cannot configure all the 4 ports, at least, I would like to pick and choose which port are made visible. How do I control that configuration? In this case, I would like to make both the USB 3.0(SS) ports visible and one of the USB 2.0 port. Please share your thoughts on how we could do that. Thank you!

Thank you for your time,

Ravikanth Chavali

0 Kudos
0 Replies