VMware Communities
arjanhs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 10 Upgrade

I'm running the insider preview of Windows 10 (19577) inside workstation and with the latest update of workstation (15.5.2) i now get the error message while upgrading to the latest build. The error message say that the used SCSI adapter (LSI Adapter, SAS 3000) isn't compatible anymore.

Anyone seeing the same behavior ? How could I solve this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

My article here has a workaround on how-to switch over to another compatible adapter.

https://www.vimalin.com/blog/windows-7-to-windows-10-upgrade/

It is actually weird that your Windows 10 is complaining about an LSI SAS 3000 adapter as that has never been available as a virtualised adapter.

The normal virtual LSI SCSI device is a 1068 based one which does have Windows 10 drivers.

Did you perhaps do a P2V on that VM? In other words, was it a physical machine earlier on?

If so then you might have a ghost device driver left over. (Well OK, in that case you might have many left over drivers)

You can see them in device manager under menu option View, select "Show hidden devices".

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
arjanhs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's a VM which i'm running for years now and use it to test the upgrades to the latest versions and has never been an issue. Will try the workaround and report if it helps me out.

0 Kudos
arjanhs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have checked and the vmx file has the line already: scsi0.virtualDev = "lsisas1068" in other words i was using this particular scsi device already.

0 Kudos