VMware Communities
learn2enjoy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vmware release key (CTL+ALT) need to press two times

Hi,

I am first time using VMWARE + Ubuntu (Host) combination. I see the strange problem in releasing input from guest to host:

I am using default release key CTL + ALT.

Whenever I am in guest and want to come to host (i am talking about my input devices) I use CTL + ALT but after this my click doesnt work on all places ....to make it work on all places i need to press      the combination again. That means my default release key is not CTL + ALT  ......it is CTL + ALT (1st time) CTL + ALT (2nd time) ....

I need to press CTL + ALT twice to make it release completely.

The places where my CTL + ALT (once) works are Ubuntu Launcher and Taskbar only.

I tried to google this problem ...but I dint find any of the discussion on this. Hence I decided to come here.\

What could be the problem and solution of it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

CTRL+ALT is not a good choice for a Linux host - so before fighting with this key-combination try to use one that does not conflict with Linux-native combinations.
Examples CTRL+WIN or  SHIFT+WIN

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

CTRL+ALT is not a good choice for a Linux host - so before fighting with this key-combination try to use one that does not conflict with Linux-native combinations.
Examples CTRL+WIN or  SHIFT+WIN

0 Kudos
learn2enjoy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks continuum. The different combination of keys solved my problem ....
But could you explain where linux host uses CTL + ALT combination.....just asking for my knowledge repository!

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you never used CTL + ALT + F1, CTL + ALT + F2 , ...
see What does Ctrl-Alt-F1 do?

0 Kudos