VMware Communities
rozza195
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Image Lag

I am using Vmware Workstation 10.0.1 on an AMD 1.2ghz based Lenovo laptop with 4 GB of RAM running windows 7 (64bit) and I have run multiple OS off Workstation in the past for example, Linux and OSX Snow Leopard. I wanted to start to run Mountian Lion so I got a VMware Image but it took around 12 hours to boot the first time then the interface had a 7 second delay, I contacted the guy who I got it off and he had no clue what was wrong with it seen as it had worked fine alot of other AMD systems. I installed Vmware Tools but this still had no effect on the boot time or lag. If you could suggest any way in which I could increase the performance that would be great

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello rozza195

Welcome at the VMware communities forum.

Unfortunately Apple does not allow you to run a virtual mac OS X on non-Apple branded hardware.

Since this violates Apple's EULA (and as such the VMware Community Terms of Use), any issues you have with trying to run OS X using VMware Workstation cannot be discussed in this forum.

Hope you understand,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos