VMware Communities
macano33
Contributor
Contributor

VMware workstation IP address issue?

Hi , i plan to buy VMware workstation but first i need some help from  you because i have some problem ! Ok i have dedicated server and i own  10 IP address, now i want to create on that server 10 Virtual Mashines   via VMware but how can i on every single Virtual Mashine to add one IP ?  That my clients can connect on there Virtual Mashines via Remote  Desktop Connection using IP that i add on that Virtual Mashine?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Manually configuring an IP Address in a OS running on a Virtual Machine is no different then on a Physical Machine and the answer to your question is in the documentation, which I guess you haven't read or pushed the Help button on then Network Adapter panel under Virtual Machine Settings!

Or...

VMware Workstation (menu bar) > Help > Help Topics > Virtual Machine Hardware Settings > Network Adapter Settings Panel

Additionally...

So as to gain a better understanding of the VMware Virtual Network Infrastructure I'd strongly suggest you read Chapters 14 (Configuring a Virtual Network) & 15 (Advanced Virtual Networking) in the Workstation User's Manual along with the rest of the manual.

Then if you can't figure out from what is says about using a Bridged Network Adapter just use that type anyway.

While the documentation does cover the use of the Virtual Network Editor is doesn't tell about an issue with automatic bridging in that if the Host is mulithomed (has two or more NICs) you need to disable automatic bridging for VMnet0 and select a specific NIC.

0 Kudos
macano33
Contributor
Contributor

I was read help documents a little bit , and damn man i didn't know that this is  complicated like this i think in Virtuozzo Containers you just scann all IP's and add IP that you want on certain VM .

0 Kudos