VMware Communities
goldeneye_007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare Workstation 9.0.1 Windows 8 Pro Retail

Hello all,

Longtime Workstation user here, recently started using Win8 Pro in a VM. I have a Viewsonic Touchpanel

as my monitor. Recently as in two days ago I started having a problem where my mouse acts as if the left button

is always pressed down. It only does this while in the Windows 8 Guest. It severely impacts being able to do things.

On occasion I have restored normal mouse behavior but not sure what I did to get it that way. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
goldeneye_007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I cannot account for what caused this issue but it required me to shutdown Workstation, and reboot my Linux Host.

I am back to a normal state now with the mouse. I will post here again if I re-encounter it with particulars as to what

action I believe invokes the behavior.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
goldeneye_007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update on this issue. I have at least pinpointed it.

With Windows 8 guest running under Workstation 9.0.1 on Linux x64, and with Viewsonic TouchPanel,

if you 'connect' the Touchpanel to the running guest use it, then disconnect the touchpanel (using VM>RemovableDevices) you will

end up with a mouse pointer in Windows 8 that acts like either the left or right mouse button is continually

depressed. Only solution is rebooting the Linux host to restore normal mousing inside of Workstation.

It does not matter which VM you open, after the mouse problem is initiated, it affects all VM's until the Linux

host is rebooted.

The TouchPanel shows in removable devices as Quanta OpticalTouchScreen

Viewsonic's model number is VS14833

0 Kudos