VMware Communities
Thaneeru
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare 9.0.2 is huge time to boot

Hi Team,

I have installed VMWare 9.0.2, guest OS is OEL 4. While its coming up its taking huge time. Can you please see the attachment and give me some advice to improve the performance of it.

Thanks in advance.

Naresh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

You've included nothing whatsoever to validate what you consider "is huge time to boot" is, not even archiving and attaching the vmware.log files.  Also, if it's stopping at the point you show in the screen shot then what have you done to diagnose/troubleshoot why it's hanging at "Starting sendmail:"?

0 Kudos
Thaneeru
Contributor
Contributor

As I'm very new to VMWare and Linux platforms, I didn't get a chance to do diagnose on this. However I did some search but no useful.

I'm attaching vmware logs, can any one please let me know how to fix it.

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try switching your virtual network adapter from Custom to either NAT or Bridged.

Sendmail will quite often take a long time to start up if it does not have basic network connectivity, so check that your guest OS (once it has booted) can correctly resolve hostnames... i.e. run the command

nslookup www.vmware.com

and make sure that it succeeds within a reasonable time (certainly not more than a few seconds).

Cheers,

--

Darius