VMware Communities
BrianGShea
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare 10 Out of Memory

I've been using VMWare 10 for just over a week now and have had issues with VMWare 10 running out of memory. I have set my VM to use 6872MB of my 8192MB of ram. This the max recommended amount for any one VM. I have 8GB of Swap space to augment my system ram. I've allowed VMWare to swap some of the VM memory.

My Guest OS only uses about 3GB of ram when running.

The issue seems to happen only after the VM has been running for a few hours. The VM memory will continue to grow, slowly. The VM terminated after consuming 8206328kB of Ram nearly 2GB more than it should have.

I've included the kernel message buffer dump as an aid for someone to help me.

Yes, i know i should probably turn my memory settings down, but am more concerned that there might be a memory leak. If i use 8192MB of ram i can crash the VM in a few minutes to a hour, it will consume nearly 10GB of ram when the kernel finally gives up.

I would be interested in providing additional feedback if someone could point me to some tools or logging that i could use to track this down.

One other item that i should mention is that this VM was created from a physical machine. The OS was not installed on the VM.

0 Kudos
0 Replies