VMware Communities
sabakingo
Contributor
Contributor

VMWARE SVGA 3D GRAPHIC CARD

How can I delete a virtual machine's logs when I install the graphics card?

I'm trying to open a game but when I install the graphics card it detects that I'm using a virtual machine

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I understand there are many ways in which software can detect if it's running in a VM, so even if you defeat one method there is a chance you'll come up against another one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

You don't say what game.

It's probably not logs that are being used. It is more likely device identification provided by the hypervisor and/or the VMware SVGA 3D virtual graphics adapter and its driver. Anti-cheat mechanisms in games are notorious for using ever-changing methods to detect that the game is being run in a VM - and they are not easy to "fool" or work around. 

Another possibility is that the game is looking for a supported non-virtual graphics card. Host graphics cards are not directly accessible by the VM. Any graphics other than a dumb frame buffer is provided by the VMware SVGA device.

Also consider that the developer doesn't want to support and test virtual machines. 

You'd be better off asking the question in a gamer's forum. But note that there are many cases where the detection can't be disabled. And trying other things could break graphics functionality in the VM.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
sabakingo
Contributor
Contributor

The game is Silkroad and use vsroplus anticheat.

The graphics card called microsoft basic adapter card works normally, but when installing vmwatool or doing a custom installation, installing only the video card driver, the anti cheat detects it, so I already understand that it is something on the video card that it detects and I don't know what to do... I've tried to delete/rename some records in Windows Registry with the name VMWARE, but without success yet...

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

As I said, anti-cheat software is extremely difficult if not impossible to defeat. The anti-cheat vendors don't tell you what they are looking for, and therefore it's not possible for anyone here to tell you what to do to defeat it. And as @scott28tt notes it may not be one thing. 

The game wants DirectX 9c or later, and the only way you're getting that in a VM is to use the VMware SVGA 3D driver. Which the game doesn't seem to like. Even if you can bypass the warning, it may not work properly.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos