VMware Communities
KhanMir
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM WARE 10.0.3 Evaluation Period Ended...

Hi Community,

i downloaded VM WARE workstation 10.0.3 for learning purpose on my personal laptop(personal use only)

i copied few documents in the workstation, i went on holidays urgent..

now i am back and my evaluation period has been expired...i am unable to run VM WARE Workstation..it says "eVALUATION PERIOD HAS BEEN EXPIRED"

kindly help me, how i can get those documents..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation also includes VMware Player which will work beyond the free 30 day trial of VMware Workstation.  You can use it to run your VMs to retrieve the documents.  BTW it is a good practice to separately backup User Data off of the VM's Filesystem onto the Host's Filesystem or external storage! Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation also includes VMware Player which will work beyond the free 30 day trial of VMware Workstation.  You can use it to run your VMs to retrieve the documents.  BTW it is a good practice to separately backup User Data off of the VM's Filesystem onto the Host's Filesystem or external storage! Smiley Wink

KhanMir
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank You for your Support,

can you please tell me , how to use VMWARE Player, in steps...

i never Used this product.....

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You may simply start VMware Player, and register your VM's using "File" -> "Open..." and selecting the individual VMs' configuration (.vmx) files. This will add the VMs to the VMware Player's Library from where you can then start the VMs.

André

0 Kudos