VMware Communities
ZaphodVMware
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Restore an Acronis True Image of a Windows 10 Backup to Worksation Pro 12.5

I am attempting to use Acronis Universal Restore a TIB backup file to a VM on Workstation Pro 12. I have followed all the steps I am aware of. However, the restore only gets to around 20% when I receive an error "Cannot find device driver 'PCI\VEN_15AD&DEV_07E0&SUB07E015AD&REV_00' "Windows Recovery Environment".

2019-04-02 17_34_50-Yvonne-One-VM - VMware Workstation.png

During this procedure I created the Acronis Universal Restore Bootable Media based on the windows.iso found in the VMware install directory of "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\". I note that when I extracted the drivers from this ISO file I only find listings for Vista and Win8 with no mention of Windows 10?

2019-03-25 21_13_47-IsoBuster - Pro - 4.3 (2).png

I have been in contact with Acronis support on this issue and they are suggesting that I need an ISO file and drivers for Windows 10 or else I need to update my VMware Pro 12.5 to the latest version.

Any support with this issue would be appreciated. I understand that this problem involves two different products and this is making it more difficult for me to find a soloution.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Workstation 12.x was released years before Windows 10 was a thing, therefore I'm sure there is no official support for Win 10 guests.

0 Kudos
ZaphodVMware
Contributor
Contributor

You maybe correct. I thought it could have been as I have successful installed Windows 10 1803 on my Workstation Pro version 12.5.9.28553. However, this may not be sufficient to now attempt a restore of a backup of a Windows 10 PC, from dissimilar hardware, which is what Acronis is offering.

0 Kudos