VMware Communities
erasser999
Contributor
Contributor

USB problems with music hardware

Hello VMWare community. I could really use some suggestions on my current problem.

I have a HP laptop that came with Vista 64-bit. I want to hook up (via USB) my Numark NS7. It is an audio controller that uses software (Serato Itch) to perform. The software will not work on Vista 64-bit, which I was unaware of until after I bought the laptop. I was told to try VMWare and install Windows XP. I was able to install Windows XP and got it working as a virtual machine. I downloaded the NS7 drivers for XP and installed it on the virtual machine OS. Once you install the drivers it has a small widget that tells you if your hardware is connected. I open up the widget and it says "connected", so the OS reognizes the hardware to some degree. However, when I try to open the Serato Itch software, it notifies me that the hardware is disconncted.

Im not what the problem is. How do I determine if it is VMware, the OS installed or the Serato ITCH software? Are there known USB issues with VMware from Vista 64-bit to XP?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hi-end USB-sound hardware inside a VM ? - forget it.

I tried to use a Alesis -device like this

http://www.techfabrik.de/alesis/produkte/imultimix8usb.html

and though you can get it to work with some fiddling the performance is poor.

i guess your device also needs very low latency. You don't get this inside a VM.

I'd reinstall the laptop with XP

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos