VMware Communities
harchet
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with network when virtual machine is copied

Hello,

I have a centOS virtual machine that is working fine, but when I copy it into a another machine I loose conection. I read that manual changes should be needed when you copy the virtual machine directly (VMware KB: Manual changes might be needed to use networking in copied virtual machine )

I already tried what is written in the recomendation (remove the hardware address), but it did not work. What should I do? Could someone help me?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Post the results of:

ifconfig

and

route

from both virtual machines.

Lou

0 Kudos
harchet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The machine does not have ifconfig installed :S, I read that you have to do yum install to have it (i do not have internet conection. so :S)

Any other way of doing it?

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
TommyFreddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you are copping the VM then IP address and MAC address are copied. So when you are trying to connect inter net might be IP or MAC address conflict. After copied the VM please change the IP address and MAC address..

0 Kudos
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

/sbin/ifconfig

0 Kudos
harchet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have attached the screenshot of what I get when I do ifconfig and route. Do you see something wrong?

Many thanks,

Ion

0 Kudos
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do that on both VM's and make sure that the Hwaddr's are not the same and that both machines are on the same subnet as the host.

Lou

0 Kudos
harchet
Contributor
Contributor

This is the screen of the virtual machine that is working. The IP address and the MAC address are different in the machines, so I do not really know what to do.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos