VMware Communities
DanAuktion
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with Workstation Pro trial version and Device/Credential Guard

I have downloaded a trial version of Vmware Workstation Pro and intend to buy it, but first I would make a small test to be sure it could work on my (old) computer - Dell 8300 from 2012 - therefore I have made virtualized my computer, and tried to power it on.

The creation went fine - but when I tried to power on, I got a messagebox complaining about Hyper-v on my computer, therefore I have removed Hyper-V and I have also tried to disable Device/Credential Guard but still I get the same error:

VMware Workstation and Device/credential Guard are not compatable. VMware can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit...

I have tried multiple times but it still doesnt work - it is really up hill and I cant understand why this does work out of the box OR why this is not fixed during installation 😞

Off course I dont buy the product unless it works on my computer 😞

Please let me know if you have a solution to this problem.

My Computer is a Dell XPS 8300 (from 2012)

16 GB RAM

Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeTV2000
Contributor
Contributor

I tried all the BCD Edits and Disabling per dozens of suggested methods and only 1 worked for me. Using the script for DG Readiness by Microsoft. It can be found here, which is a link that the error leads to. Manage Windows Defender Credential Guard (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs . Unfortunately for me, I work for a large secure company that auto corrected this fix.

The real question is, does any VMWare product with it enabled?

0 Kudos
DanAuktion
Contributor
Contributor

I have also used this tool - several times - but apparently I do it wrong, because I still cant power on my vmWare snapshot. As far as I understand I must disable the D/C Guard to use vmWare on my computer?

When I use the the tool I get the response You can see in this snapshot - is this OK ?:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos