VMware Communities
vpuri
Contributor
Contributor

Perpetual License Support Required for VM Ware Pro 12 as End of Support

Hello, I purchased the perpetual license for VM ware  Pro 12 which is valid till year 2020. The amount is fully paid and the license is active when I called the support. However, since VM ware Pro 12 is out of support and many of my images need VM Ware Pro 14 but the moment I put my existing license key, it shows me an invalid. Please support as I have already paid the price and validity for the license is till 2020, hence, either please provide the newer license key which supports VM ware  Pro 14 or some way for me to upgrade from existing VM ware  Pro 12. Happy to provide more details, otherwise, I opened up a ticket  . Please advise and my Support Request Report Number is 18730720803. Support team advised to post in community for further support. Kind of strange but following the advise

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

So what is it you're asking for here? To download the bits for Workstation v12?

0 Kudos
vpuri
Contributor
Contributor

What I am asking here eventually, either I should be provided the newer key in order for me to upgrade to VMware Pro 14 as my purchased  license key is valid till 2020 but somehow when I am trying to use VMWare Pro 14, my license keys are shown invalid.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Workstation 12 keys are not compatible with Workstation 14 keys to my knowledge. So if you're asking for a license swap, that would be a question for VMware as none of us here have that power.

0 Kudos
vpuri
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly, I mentioned the same thing to the person I was speaking. He insisted (his name Jay) me to  post this issue here. I was also wondering, why VMWare support team is asking me to post this license discussion in the community. That's the reason I created the discussion. Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That makes no sense...

You have one of two options as I see it:

1) Purchase an upgrade to Workstation v14. This is not free from v12 no matter if you have support.

2) Download, install, and use v12.

0 Kudos
vpuri
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it seems like.

I am using VMware Pro 12 but some of my Horton work images require me to use Workstation Pro 14 or above. That's the challenge.

Anyways, thanks and let me again talk and then revert back on this thread.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Then it sounds like you're going to have to purchase the upgrade to v14.

0 Kudos