VMware Communities
GeekyGuy69
Contributor
Contributor

Network on initial page of Virtual Network Editor showing incorrectly. (Workstation 16 Pro, v16.2.1)

BACKGROUND: I have a VMnet2 configuration that's bridged to an "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (10) I219-V - VLAN : VLAN2" This is an Intel created virtual network port with a tagged vlan.

PROBLEM: When I first open the Virtual Network Editor. (Image 1 of 2) The VMnet2 shows a Type of "Custom", External Connection as "-", Host Connection as "-" and DHCP as "-" but then a Subnet Address of 192.168.153.0.  All of this is incorrect for the configuration. Selecting "Change Settings" at the bottom opens the Editor and NOW the proper VMnet2 configuration is displayed (Image 2 of 2), showing Type as "Bridged", External Connection as "Inter(R) Ethernet...", with Host Connection, DHCP and Subnet Address as "-". These are all appropriate values.

Has anyone else seen this? Would it be possible to fix the Virtual Network Editor so that it reports the proper network configuration on the first page, without having to put the Editor into Edit Mode (Change Settings)? 

0 Kudos
0 Replies