VMware Communities
Johnlucky01
Contributor
Contributor

I can not sart VMW

Today, I start VMW and it show errors.

"VMware Workstation cannot find the virtual disk "C:\Windows10 x64_Backup\Windows 10 x64.vmdk". Verify the path is valid and try again.

The system cannot find the file specified

Cannot open the disk 'C:\Windows10 x64_Backup\Windows 10 x64.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.

Module 'Disk' power on failed. "

Failed to start the virtual machine.

Please, Help me to fix it

Thank All

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Can you post the following as file attachments:

• The vmware.log file created by the attempt to power on the VM. It's found in the folder containing your virtual machine's files (looks to me like it's C:\Windows10 x64_Backup)
  • A directory listing of the folder where the virtual machine resides. (Please, not a screen shot. Execute a command prompt and use commands to list the contents of the folder where your virtual machine resides to a file, then post that file as an attachment).

One thought: do you have an antivirus program that is configured to scan the folder containing your virtual machine? If so, can you verify that it did not quarantine one of the virtual machine files thinking it was infected with malware?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Upon closer examination - you appear to be missing one of the files that makes up your virtual disk. You appear to be missing the file Windows 10 x64-s003.vmdk. Double check that this file is indeed missing from the folder containing your virtual machine.

Please check that an AV solution hasn't quarantined this file. If it has, restore it and see what happens (and also configure your AV to avoid scanning virtual machine disk ".vmdk" files).

Otherwise, something has deleted this file on you and we'll have to wait to see if @continuum can weigh in - he's the resident guru on fixing damaged virtual disks. If the piece of the disk is missing, prepare for a data loss situation.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
Johnlucky01
Contributor
Contributor

Resolved !!! Thank You Technogeezer . Exactly I miss Windows 10 x64-s003.vmdk file. I copy and paste it in Directory. Everything's OKThank A lot !!!!

0 Kudos