VMware Communities
moe_badarneh
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to install Fedora Live 19 on VMWare Workstation 10, but its not working??!!

Hello guys ,

I am trying to install Fedora 19 on VMWare Workstation 10, I turn on the virtual machine, and it takes me to installation screen, I click on "Start Fedora Live" , then an icon of Fedora appears and loading, When it completes loading, nothing happens, and does not continue installation.

I also tried to install it on earlier version of vmware , but still the same problem .

When I try to use the same .iso file and boot it from usb on my real pc , it works fine.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

try a reular installation - not the easy-install variant
(when creating the VM in the first place select : I will install later ...)

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

try a reular installation - not the easy-install variant
(when creating the VM in the first place select : I will install later ...)

Fedora Live 19 cannot be installed via East Install, so that's not even an option.  Additionally, regardless of which one chooses, "Installer disc:", "Installer disc image file (iso):" or "I will install the operating system later." it should make no difference which is chosen since the Fedora Installer is initiated from the Live Session! Smiley Wink

Message was edited by: WoodyZ - I just wanted to add that I can successfully create a Fedora 19 VM under VMware Workstation 10.0.1 from a Live ISO Image using all three choices, so it is as I suspected it's irrelevant which one chooses since Fedora Live 19 does not use the Easy Install feature.

0 Kudos
moe_badarneh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys. I've figured it out. The problem was from the OS, I had Windows 7 64-bit installed and my process seems to be 32-bit. I installed Windows 7 32-bit and the Fedora was also 32-bit and its working .

0 Kudos