VMware Communities
vwmagic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to create a new Linux VM in VMware workstation pro?

I am doing a PoC. Got VMware workstaion pro work for 30 days license evaluation, and trying to create a Linux VM. It looks I need a Linux OS image. 

Does VMware Worksation include a Linux VM, I can just upload? Or

Where can I create such Linux in VMware worksation?

Thank you in advance for you help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@vwmagic 

Moderator: Please try and create a thread in the area for the product used - moved to Workstation Pro Discussions

It’s up to you to provide ISO or VM images to Workstation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vwmagic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My question is: Where can I have Linux ISO or VM image that I can upload into Workstation?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

VMware only provides the platform for virtual machines. The installation images - no matter which OS - need to be downloaded from the OS vendors' web sites.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@vwmagic 

I knew what your question was, I answered it. It’s up to you to provide your own OS installer or VM image to Workstation. Google should help you find those for whatever OS you want to run in a VM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos