VMware Communities
ravihardware
Contributor
Contributor

Host inside the vmesxi (installed in vmware workstation 10) not connecting out side hosts

Hi Friends,

This is Ravi Kumar, Hardware Engineer and im new to this forum.

My problem is in my friends laptop (i3 processor, 4gb ram) and operating system is windows 7. vmware workstation installed.in that workstation vmesxi 5.5_U2 installed in that xp serrvice pack2 installed (for practice purpose).

In vmware workstation nat vmnet8 (DHCP)selected in vm network editor.for the host settings also selected custom nat vmnet8.so that vmesxi server getting ip address but not xp.while im trying to ping from windows 7 it is pinging to vmesxi server but not to xp. i have tried from xp to ping vmesxi server and windows 7.its not pinging the result is 'request timed out'. tried with somany settings. but i could not pinging can any one tell me what are the perfecting settings to communicate each other.

The structure he wants to practice is as follows :-

xp

Windows-7 => Vmware workstation => vmware esxi 5.5 server =>vyatta

linux

all the hosts in vmesxi server has to communicate with vmesxi server and out side systems (but not other vlan in vmware esxi)

i will send u screen shots which he made the settings if u need for more detail

Please help any one.iam trying this seriously for a week with different settings...

Thankyou,...                           

0 Kudos
0 Replies