VMware Communities
Malleeboy
Contributor
Contributor

Explorer won't load on my VMware Workstation 16

I have been running VMWare Workstation 16 using XP Pro on a Windows 10 computer quite successfully for some time. I use it to administer my webpage using the old Coolpages program that I have had for years. Due to some hacker activity my webpage server host has blacklisted the IP address that the Workstation uses and I am unable to provide the host with that address as I am unable to access the internet from within the Workstation ... although I can ping addresses using the cmd function. The most recent time it all worked beautifully was December 27 2022. My technical knowledge is somewhat limited! Any help would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Please send screen shot , question is not clear

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
Malleeboy
Contributor
Contributor

As below attachment Rajeev .... 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post would get the correct audience in the area for Workstation Pro, I have reported it to the volunteer moderators asking them to move it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

There's not much on the internet that you can still browse using Windows XP.

The https certificates used by most websites cannot be read using Windows XP. You will need to use a newer operating system.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Malleeboy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Wil, but not really as simple as that. I use the XP program because I use/run Coolpages webpage developer (that wont run in any later editions of Windows!) .... that I've been using quite successfully for years ... to manage my website. The last time I was able to access my website through Coolpages and XP was December 27 last. Now, since then, it's like I am unable to access the internet through VMWare, XP and the software. When I attempt to update my website (Publish) , the first screen comes up, contact is made with the server, then it all locks up and times out!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you still do a successful nslookup, ping or tracert to the web server name or address from a command prompt in XP?

If so, it's your XP browser and nothing to do with VMware Workstation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos