VMware Communities
sohelsa9
Contributor
Contributor

Error installing VMWare workstation on Windows 11

Hello,

I'm unable to install VMWare workstation 9.0 (or any other version) on my laptop, getting error as below

Error: This Product may not be installed on a computer that has Microsoft HyperV installed.

Following is my configuration:

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz

RAM: 12.0 GB 

I checked windows features and confirmed that HyperV is not installed. I even tried to enable the feature and then disable it, restarted multiple times still no luck.

I was able to install on the same machine before, the issue is happening after I formatted my machine and tried to install again.

Please suggest.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Apart from Workstation 9 not being supported at all... this quote:

@sohelsa9 wrote:

I checked windows features and confirmed that HyperV is not installed.

Sadly doesn't mean that Hyper-V isn't enabled. It almost certainly is enabled, even when it is unchecked down there.

There's a variety of changes you have to make in order to disable Hyper-V completely.
It is probably one of the most common issues for VMware Workstation in this forum nowadays.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/Failed-to-power-on-virtual-machine-This-hos...

where user bluefirestorm  gives all the details you need to know for addressing this.

edit: Forgot to mention that VMware Workstation 16 does work with Hyper-V enabled, but some features - such as nested virtualisation - are not supported.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos