VMware Communities
moozan
Contributor
Contributor

Does vmware workstation 15.5 player support Ryzen 7-3750H from AMD?

hi!

I installed vmware workstation 15.5 player and prepared CentOS 6.9 64bit. The moment the power is turned on, the following message is output and the drive does not operate.

================================================================================================================

Error while powering on: This host supports AMD-V, but AMD-V is disabled.

AMD-V might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable AMD-V.

(2) Power-cycle the host if this BIOS/firmware setting has been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

This host does not support "AMD RVI" hardware assisted MMU virtualization.

Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

================================================================================================================

I use a laptop. It is FX505DU of ASUS TUF GAMING. Notebook manufacturers say AMD-V is enabled. Notebook makers say vmware products may not support some AMD cpu.

Does vmware workstation 15.5 player support Ryzen 7-3750H from AMD?

have a nice day!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mkubecek
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you checked you have virtualization extensions enabled in your BIOS/UEFI setup (may be called "AMD-V", "SVM", "virtualization", ...) as suggested in step (1)? Unfortunately many motherboards have this disabled by default.

As for your question: I don't have 3750H but it works fine for me with 2700X and 3900X.

0 Kudos