VMware Communities
toca1337
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Confused about VMware Workstation 7 ACE?

Back with Workstation 6 and 6.5, we had purchased a license for the ACE Edition. In hindsight, we never took advantage of it, but we thought it was a good upgrade to pay for just in case. I recalled that the ACE part was activated by simply inserting the appropriate license key for it.

With Workstation 7, we purchased the "regular" version, but now we are unsure if we made the proper decision. are there now SEPARATE versions - ACE and non-ACE edition? Are they different programs? Or are they the same program again and they are simply registered/activated different by what serial/license key I entered during the install (much like Windows 7)?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paskumar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no separate installer/program for ACE.

Its same as Workstation 6.5, while installing Workstation 7 if ACE license key is provided then ACE features will be enable.

Even while installing if Workstation serial key is provided and later if you want ACE features then launch Workstation, goto Help->Enter Serial Number and enter ACE license key and now close and reopen Workstation. ( ACE will be activated)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RColbert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The ACE option pack is already part of the Workstation 7 install.

If you install w/ the 30 day trial key, you can see the ACE features.

I have not been able to get a clear answer if the ACE Option Pack requires a seperate purchase or if the license is bundled with the regular WS7 license.

0 Kudos
toca1337
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am puzzled then as to why there is a "separate" ACE pack download. I don't recall having to do this in Workstation 6. So do I need to download another version of Workstation 7 with ACE? Or do I download the ACE pack and install on top of existing installation?

0 Kudos
paskumar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no separate installer/program for ACE.

Its same as Workstation 6.5, while installing Workstation 7 if ACE license key is provided then ACE features will be enable.

Even while installing if Workstation serial key is provided and later if you want ACE features then launch Workstation, goto Help->Enter Serial Number and enter ACE license key and now close and reopen Workstation. ( ACE will be activated)

0 Kudos