VMware Communities
Rfwoodtech
Contributor
Contributor

CPU not supported

This is my fist time with VMWARE. i was told to download workstation 15.5.1,I told the person I was speaking with that Itold that person that I was running Windows 10 Pro 32bit. I was told that was my only option, I downloaded the file and i ran it. Right after I double clicked on the file I got message CPU not Supported. what do I do? My Name is Robert Fassbender, I am in Oregon, I can be reached at (phone number removed by moderator)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
T180985
Expert
Expert

Hello Robert from Oregon! This is a publically accessible messageboard so you may want to remove your phone number from your question. Do you know what processor youre running? Assuming its Intel or AMD you may just need to enable Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI in your BIOS

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator note: Phone number removed from original post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

VMware Workstation 15.5.1 does not run on a 32 bit host operating system.

See also: Host System Requirements for Workstation Pro

The last version that supported a 32 bit host OS was VMware Workstation 12.

A Workstation version that was retired several years ago.

See this page for the details:

VMware Compatibility Guide - Guest/Host Search

The last download for that is here: VMware Workstation 12.5.9

Edit: Seems I was wrong on what the last version was that ran on a 32 bit host OS (32-bit host OS support ). Sorry, I forget these kind of details after a few years.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos