VMware Communities
Valentin1707
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware workstation-no VM IP showing up on router conected devices

Hi everyone. 😃

I have a minor problem with my vmware workstation.

All my vms are using bridged connectios and they are getting the network ip adress, internet, fail sharing is working perfectly ok but the problem is that neither vms are showing up in my router Huawei 818 263 connected devices.

I would like to port forward some ports to VMs so i can connect remotly.

I would appreciate some help or information, i tried running a Proxmox Hypervisor insted and Proxmox VMs are showing up perfectly in my router.

Thanks. 😉

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

I have no idea why those Bridged addresses are not showing up on the router, but ...

... if not obvious, you could use fixed addresses on your Guests and then they would not need to show up in *some* router menus. I assume you can still configure port forwarding on the router, even if its display doesn't show all the devices. I mean, they MUST be there behind the router, if Internet connections work. Perhaps, it would make better sense to use a fixed address anyway, when port forwarding is used?

0 Kudos
DrakeofAvlee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do they show in DHCP client list if such page is available?

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

@DrakeofAvlee 

I don't know this particular router, but I wouldn't expect that a client needs to exist when port forwarding is configured. Anyhow, the router doesn't, in theory, need the client for making such a config ... which also sponsors the matter of having a fixed ip-address on the guest.

0 Kudos