VMware Communities
gary2381
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation 12.1.1 build-3770994 Player - VMTools will not download

I am running VMware Workstation 12.1.1 build-3770994 Player on Windows 7.  I created a Linux Mint 17.3 VM.  I am trying to download the VMTools via the Player -> Manage -> Install VMWare Tools.

The tools begin to download but when the download reaches ~ 65% I receive the following message:

Corrupt file received from update server. Check your network connectivity and try again later. If the problem persists, contact VMware Support or your system administrator.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Innocenzo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you sure, your connection is running well?

How often this is happen? I mean how many times do you trying to download vmtools when it has failed on 65%? I mean, when the first attempt failed on 65%, then second attempt also 65%, then third attempt 50%?

When, after a few times failed, did you tried to re-install the vmware? did you tried to install on another folder? or it still in same folder?

I need to ensure.. because I had once like this, to fix this things..

* Uninstall VMware

* Remove all the key related vmware on registry (regedit)

Then start to new install, then works.

Hope this help

Cheers.

0 Kudos
gary2381
Contributor
Contributor

Innocenzo,

The internet connection is running very well.  No other issues downloading anything.

The download error occurs 100% of the time.  It is always the same result. All attempts fail and the same point.

I have not attempted to uninstall VMPlayer and resinstall as that would create quite a disruption.  Also, this was a fresh / clean installation.

I will attempt to uninstall and reinstall.  I am not sure how to remove all entries from the registry though.

Thank you,

Gary

0 Kudos