VMware Communities
aliengin
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Player 4.0 bridged networking not working

Hello,

I've recently installed VMware Player 4.0 and can't get ip address from dhcp server when I use bridged networking. Also it doesn't work if I set the ip address manually. NAT works successfuly.

I've tried reinstalling/repairing vmware player, reinstalling vmware tools, removing and installing the network card and everything but still don't have any progress.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium in my Vaio F13SFX/B. My wireless network card is Atheros AR9287 and cable network card is Marvel Yukon 88E8057. Also I figured out that I can't choose which card to use for bridge networking, I can do that in virtualbox and I've no problems with that. I'm using my wireless card all the time so is the problem might be about that?

Also it was not working when I tried to use 3.1 version too so that was why I uninstalled it in the first place.

Thanks.

Engin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

You need to install the Virtual Network Editor.  Search the forum for the commands to extract the setup file and install it manually.

aliengin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. It works now, finally.

I add note how I did it, for further visitors who needs vmnetcfg too.

Extract installation files by typing VMware-player-4.0.0-471780.exe /e .\vmplayer

copy vmnetcfg.exe file in network.cab to VMware Player installation folder under Program Files.

0 Kudos