VMware Communities
ayoung35
Contributor
Contributor

Changing to "vmxnet3" doesn't work

So I first downloaded High Sierra 10.13.6.iso and got it to load for the VMware Workstation Player. There were no issues with the software, the only issue was that the OS was too old to download xCode (they needed and OS of 13 or higher) so I knew I needed Ventura. So I see that on the app store they allow you to download Ventura as an OS update. I know that I could have also downloaded the Ventura iso and then reinstalled the OS through the VMware but I just went with downloading it through the app store. I go through the download and everything seemed fine, everything loaded but then I notice that I could no longer access the app store. It could not detect any internet. I tried changing the "e1000e" to "vmxnet3" but that doesn't work. 

The ethernet doesn't go to connect but instead goes to self-assigned ip

Ive tried changing the VirtualDev and I've switched back and dis/connecting the network adapter, turn off/on, Nat and Custom 

Context:

The wifi-wont connect, but says its on at least on task bar, in system settings its says its off

Network settings are set to Bridged, and Replicate is on

Im on a laptop, so there actually is not ethernet cable attached

When the OS was still High Sierra, the internet still worked

Only after the update did the internet stop being bridged

Please Help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I'm sorry but you're not going to get help here.

VMware does not condone discussion of running macOS on Workstation  because a) they don't support it because of Apple's EULA prohibiting running macOS on non-Apple hardware, and  b)  the only way you're even getting macOS to run is to hack Workstation which constitutes an unauthorized modification to the software.

As one of our moderators would tell you: You've come to a vendor-sponsored web site admitting you've hacked their software and are in violation of another vendor's licensing agreements. And you're looking for help to do so?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos