VMware Communities
jen28mon
Contributor
Contributor

Can't Play Ragnarok Online

good evening to all members, i just want to ask some help here. im just new in using vmware player, i want to play this server of Ragnarok Online but it doesn't allow dual-clienting so i try to use vmware player. i already installed all the necessary files, but when i try to open the Launcher i got this error:

by the way im using windows xp sp3

i hope someone will help me with this. thanks a lot. 😃

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Giacomo777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am exactly in the same condition. Since I need to use two clients of two different servers (International Ragnarok Online and European Ragnarok Online clients) are forced to use one of two clients in a virtual pc. I installed WinXP SP3 with the VMWare tools, dxdiag says that everything is working properly but when I start the client Ragnarok gives to me the same error. Obviously the first Ragnarok client works on the "real" PC perfectly. Someone can help us?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
alexlie
Contributor
Contributor

Got the same error/problem with VMware Fusion 3.x. But... I noticed that latest iRO client works nice with Fusion 2.x.

I reinstalled the older VMware Tools and now RO is running nice with the latest Fusion.

Don't know the capabilities of VMware Player, but you should set '"tools.upgrade.policy = "manual"' in your vmx-file to prevent the automatic update of the tools.

Details: Guest-OS WinXP Pro SP3, VMware Tools Version 7.9.8, build-246742, VMware SVGA II Version 11.6.0.13

0 Kudos