VMware Performance Community
amypan
Contributor
Contributor

XVmotion failed with error prompt shows "Get Next VMotion Host CPU/software NOT compatible"

Hello VMware Expect

I am building VMmark test environment, but I meet an issue need your help.
I only created Tile0 19+1 VMs together.
If InfrastructureList does not include XVmotion,VMmark run will finished, and Score_Turbo_1_Tile_Test_NC is generated.
If InfrastructureList includes XVmotion, VMmark run will failed, and show "Get Next VMotion Host CPU/software NOT compatible". Please refer attachment for details.
Actually manually do XVmotion DS0WebA0 from SUT1 to SUT2 successfully.

Then I tried the following actions, but vmmark run still failed, and show same error prompt.

1. Enable Cluster-Cluster1 EVC, tried both Intel Skylake Generation and Intel Broadwell Generation.

2. Enable vMotion for Cluster-Client1.
3. Refer link https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1011711 to do "Restart the vCenter Server service", "Restart the agents on each ESX(i) host" and "reset all CPUID masks"
4. Restore SUT1 and SUT2 BIOS setting to default

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you do both successful vMotion and XVmotion for a power on VM (Standby) from the vCenter outside of VMmark successfully?

Fred

0 Kudos
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry my bad on initial reply - I see you said you already can do a manual XVmotion successfully.  Will look at the files you sent for more information.

0 Kudos
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When looking over VMmark3.properties. one thing noticed is you only have one LUN for Storage and XVmotion.

// String SVmotion/SVMotionLUNs : Specifies which LUNs to use for Storage VMotions.  Must be shared storage. : Default empty

SVmotion/SVMotionLUNs = Storage

// String XVmotion/XVMotionLUNs : Specifies which LUNs to use for XVMotions.  Must be shared storage. : Default empty

XVmotion/XVMotionLUNs = Storage

Note, you will need two LUNs to do these operations for a real VMmark run.

Can you reverify that you can do a vMotion manually between hosts for DS3WebA in both directions (192.168.10.91 to 192.168.10.90 and reverse).

Then set the DebugLevel  = 4 in VMmark3.properites files and attempt another run and package up the Results folder. Also, send any messages vC UI gives.

Thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos