VMware Performance Community
marc_ross
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMmark3 Start Service failed to run correctly

Hi, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have reinstalled and rebuilt this instance multiple times now and I get the same error every time. "VMmark3 Start Service Failed to Run Correctly"

I have reimported from the OVA to no avail - I thought it might have been corrupted but this has been uploaded from multiple locations using multiple copies.

I also used the same OVA at the partner datacenter and the install ran without issue.

Log files give no errors.

Can anyone point to what might be the issue. I am contracting at a bank so uploading files may be problematic

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Without any logs it's hard to say for sure but from that error it seems like the VMmark3 service is not starting within the default time allocation.  You might try uncommenting and setting the value "VMmark3ServiceInitializationSeconds" to be something much larger, like 100 and see if that helps get you passed this.

-Joshua

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Without any logs it's hard to say for sure but from that error it seems like the VMmark3 service is not starting within the default time allocation.  You might try uncommenting and setting the value "VMmark3ServiceInitializationSeconds" to be something much larger, like 100 and see if that helps get you passed this.

-Joshua