VMware Performance Community
san23
Contributor
Contributor

STAX Service

Hello,

I m having some errors while lauching the STAXMonitor. I continuously came across a window, telling me that the stax service is not registered on the specified machine. When i click on save button on the stax monitor properties window, i get a java error.

I have attached the screenshots. could you please help me out of it?

Thanks ..

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos
12 Replies
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The following is required for the c:\STAF\bin\STAF.cfg file only for the prime client:

SERVICE EVENT LIBRARY JSTAF EXECUTE {STAF/Config/STAFRoot}/services/stax/STAFEvent.jar

SET MAXQUEUESIZE 10000

Make sure these are uncommented in the STAF.cfg on the prime client, then restart STAF.

Lisa

0 Kudos
san23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have already the following parameters configured, but still i am receiving the registation warning:

service stax library JSTAF execute \

C:\STAF\services\stax\STAX.jar \

parms "numthreads 100 logtcelapsedtime enabled logtcstartstop enabled"

service event library JSTAF execute \

C:\STAF\services\stax\STAFEvent.jar

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What version of STAF and STAX are you using? Also, what version of Jrockit do you have installed on your client?

0 Kudos
san23
Contributor
Contributor

The version of stax and staf installed on the system is 3.4 which is the latest available and also, the version of jrockit is BEA JRockit(R) JDK 5.0 Update 14 R27.5.0.

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you post the jvm log? It is located at C:\STAF\data\STAF\lang\java\jvm\STAFJVM1\

Check it for errors. Seems like there is some java error in your stax from the error you posted.

0 Kudos
san23
Contributor
Contributor

The jvm log is attached to this post "java,txt".

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos
san23
Contributor
Contributor

Also, the value of my classpath is C:\STAF\saples\demo\STAFDemo.jar; C:\STAF\bin\JSTAF.jar

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

" C:\STAF\saples\demo\STAFDemo.jar "

Missing the m in samples, but I assume you mistyped?

Looks like everything is setup properly. You might try re-downloading the stax service. What is the md5sum of your stax.jar?

0 Kudos
san23
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it was a mistype.

How can i check the md5sum of my stax.jar?

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should have md5sum installed as part of Cygwin. Just type " md5sum c:\staf\services\stax\stax.jar "

0 Kudos
san23
Contributor
Contributor

When i type md5sum command it is returning me a series of numbers..."9e76a065bb40051177d2980c6c7cf775".

Is it right?

What can i do more to resolve the issue..?

0 Kudos
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, that is correct. I am not sure what is wrong with your setup. Have you updated windows with the latest patches? Only thing I can think of would be to reinstall everything.

0 Kudos