VMware Cloud Community
eduardomozart
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Remote Console (VMRC) do not work with Virtual Keyboard (Windows 10)

Hello,

My slash key from my notebook keyboard is broken so I'm having trouble to access Linux directories through it using VMWare Remote Console (VMRC). When I opened the Virtual Keyboard app from Windows 10, I simply can't select it when the VMRC window is open, but it works as expected when it's not. It's a small annoyance, I know, but I decided to report it because there must be users somewhere that uses the Virtual Keyboard for accessibility so they can't use it properly with VMRC opened.

Info:

VMRC: Version 12.0.2 (Latest Stable)
Client: Windows 10 (x64) 22h2
ESXi: Version 8
VM: Debian 11 (Stable) 64-bit

Please let me know if there's anymore information I can provide to troubleshoot this. Sorry if I post it into the wrong forum.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for Remote Console.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
pmfrans
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Remote Console (VMRC) alphabetical keyboard part not working 

{numberic part is working!}

{Same problem when using the virtual keyboard}

SETUP:

VMware Remote Console (VMRC) Version 12.0.4

Windows 11 Pro Version : 22H2

With Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22644.1000.0

HP Keyboard Drivers 11.1.8.1

HP Elitebook with HP hotkey Support

Last Windows and Drivers Updates checked on 20-07-2023

0 Kudos
VRO123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My issue was resolved after re-installing the VMRC, along with removing the file's App data

Regards,
vRO123
0 Kudos