VMware Cloud Community
robmatrovemobil
Contributor
Contributor

VI Toolkit runing as .net automation runspace snapin causing strange cassini appdomainunloads HELP!

So I am running the vi toolkit powershell cmdlets as a c# .net System.Management.Automation.Runspaces snapin in a subprocess invoked by a modified asp.net cassini web server. When I run the connect-viserver cmdlet in my runspace in a subprocess, my cassini webserver (a completely different process) does a appdomain unload and things get fowled up bad. Both of these processes (the subprocess and the webserver) run in the same bin directory. I have noticed in the past that creating/modifying a file in the bin directory causes an appdomain unload of the webserver. I can't seem to stop this unload on bin directory changes...

So I used the sysinternals procmon to look at what is going on, and I see strange files being created in my bin directory when I run the vi toolkit powershell cmdlets in a c# .net System.Management.Automation.Runspaces snapin. I am sure these are being created by the vi toolkit, some sort of temporary or secure storage?

So how can I get the vi toolkit running as a .net System.Management.Automation.Runspaces snapin to create these temporary files somewhere else (or not at all, but I see quite a few of them being created/accessed)?

I really want to use the powershell cmdlets (I find the other apis way too cumbersome) and I sure hope someone can help me....

Robm

0 Kudos
0 Replies