VMware Cloud Community
jbloam
Contributor
Contributor

PowerCLI Command to reset vSphere alarms to green

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to mass reset a specific alarm on all hosts in a cluster to green. I don't need to acknowledge it I need the equivalent of a right-click reset to green in the GUI.

I have a PowerCLI script and need to reset a specific alarm on a host that does not reset by itself. We have hundreds of hosts that we have to manually reset this host datastore path alarm because it does not reset it self. Any help is appreciated!

Is there a way to achieve this with an API call if not possible in PowerCLI?

Thanks,

Josh

Labels (1)
6 Replies
jbloam
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks LucD but I already read through that discussion and found that solution does not work for my application since I only need to clear a specific alarm on a group of hosts. Are there any other ways to do this? Maybe an API call?

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Not possible I'm afraid.
I explained the available options in that thread

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
jbloam
Contributor
Contributor

What a bummer. We have Loss/Degraded Storage Path Redundancy alarm definitions for all hosts in the environment. When there is a storage blip or paths go dead briefly, alarms trigger and there doesn't seem to be an available trigger to set it to reset it back to green automatically.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

There is a private API, used by for example the Web Client, named SetAlarmStatus.
Once discussed for an older vSphere version by William, but I don't think that option still exists in more recent vSphere versions.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

A quick (and dirty) work-around is of course to disable/enable that specific Alarm 😉 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos