VMware Cloud Community
churrros
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie unable to work with PowerCli - next

Sorry but I can't answer to the first post, it's looks to be in a "answered status". I open a new one to answer to the last suggestion.

I already try to launch PowerCli by "start-program..." but without success. Error message is the same :

and when I ask for installed snapin :

I've really have no idea where to search.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

The "no snap-ins have been registered..." confirms that something went wrong with the installation of PowerCLI.

Do you have a PowerCLI entry in Add/Remove programs ?

Did you uninstall it from there ?

Blog: LucD notes

Twitter: lucd22

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
churrros
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I've uninstalled PowerCli with "Add/Remove Programs" :

And reinstalled it properly. I keep on searching...

0 Kudos
nirvy
Commander
Commander

Hi

Possibly this might do it for you:

set-alias installutil $env:windir\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\installutil.exe
installUtil 'C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\VMware.VimAutomation.dll'
add-pssnapin VMware.VDSAutomation

Change path to your PowerCLI location

0 Kudos
churrros
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you again for your help. I can't compile library, see next message :

Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\VMware.VimAutomation.dll'.

Affected parameters are:

logtoconsole =

assemblypath = C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\VMware.VimAutomation.dll

logfile = C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\VMware.VimAutomation.InstallLog

An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\VMware.VimAutomation.dll assembly.

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Aborting installation for C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\VMware.VimAutomation.dll.

Rolling back assembly 'C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\VMware.VimAutomation.dll'.

I'd like to reinstall PowerShelV2 but I didn't find how to do for the moment :

0 Kudos