Contributor
Contributor

Get Complete Inventory PowerCLI

What I'm trying to get is the following;

Complete inventory with WWN names,

All instances running,

CPU type,

Number of CPU's per host and VM,

Number of cores and I want the output to go to my local drive (c:/scripts/reports.

Below is a sample of what I have and I'm just looking to ass the list I have above added to the script.

$VmInfo = ForEach ($Datacenter in (Get-Datacenter | Sort-Object -Property Name)) {

ForEach ($Cluster in ($Datacenter | Get-Cluster | Sort-Object -Property Name)) {

ForEach ($VM in ($Cluster | Get-VM | Sort-Object -Property Name)) {

ForEach ($HardDisk in ($VM | Get-HardDisk | Sort-Object -Property Name)) {

"" | Select-Object -Property @{N="VM";E={$VM.Name}},        @{N="Datacenter";E={$Datacenter.name}},        @{N="Cluster";E={$Cluster.Name}},        @{N="Hard Disk";E={$HardDisk.Name}},        @{N="Datastore";E={$HardDisk.FileName.Split("]")[0].TrimStart("[")}},        @{N="VMConfigFile";E={$VM.ExtensionData.Config.Files.VmPathName}},        @{N="VMDKpath";E={$HardDisk.FileName}},        @{N="VMDK Size";E={($vm.extensiondata.layoutex.file|?{$_.name -contains $harddisk.filename.replace(".","-flat.")}).size/1GB}},        @{N="Drive Size";E={$HardDisk.CapacityGB}}

}

}

}

}

$VmInfo | Export-Csv -NoTypeInformation -UseCulture -Path "C:\scripts\xxxxxx.csv"

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

This is the first part of your question, in fact all extra properties minus the WWN.

The reason why the WWN is missing, is that it will take an enormous amount of time to fetch that info with the regular cmdlets.

I'm looking for an alternative faster method.

$VmInfo = ForEach ($Datacenter in (Get-Datacenter | Sort-Object -Property Name)) {

ForEach ($Cluster in ($Datacenter | Get-Cluster | Sort-Object -Property Name)) {

"" | Select-Object -Property @{N="VM";E={$VM.Name}},

@{N="VM CPU#";E={$vm.ExtensionData.Config.Hardware.NumCPU/$vm.ExtensionData.Config.Hardware.NumCoresPerSocket}},

@{N="VM CPU Core#";E={$vm.NumCPU}},

@{N="Datacenter";E={$Datacenter.name}},

@{N="Cluster";E={$Cluster.Name}},

@{N="Host";E={$vm.VMHost.Name}},

@{N="Host CPU#";E={$vm.VMHost.ExtensionData.Summary.Hardware.NumCpuPkgs}},

@{N="Host CPU Core#";E={$vm.VMHost.ExtensionData.Summary.Hardware.NumCpuCores/$vm.VMHost.ExtensionData.Summary.Hardware.NumCpuPkgs}},

@{N="Hard Disk";E={$HardDisk.Name}},

@{N="Datastore";E={$HardDisk.FileName.Split("]")[0].TrimStart("[")}},

@{N="VMConfigFile";E={$VM.ExtensionData.Config.Files.VmPathName}},

@{N="VMDKpath";E={$HardDisk.FileName}},

@{N="VMDK Size";E={($vm.extensiondata.layoutex.file|?{$_.name -contains $harddisk.filename.replace(".","-flat.")}).size/1GB}},

@{N="Drive Size";E={$HardDisk.CapacityGB}}
      }
    }
  }
}
$VmInfo | Export-Csv -NoTypeInformation -UseCulture -Path "c:\scripts\reports\report.csv"

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

obireb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks LucD.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

For the WWN part, have a look at Re: VM to Datastore to Storage Array mapping - Script

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

bernworx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi LucD

Can you modify and add some more info >>> VM memory, guest OS, guest IP address & MAC.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
obireb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi LucD. The script about was what you originally helped me with. I will like to add a line to show the LUN ID's for each storage LUN on each hosts and also add a line for WWN names of the hosts as well. Below is the script.

Thanks.

"" | Select-Object -Property @{N="VM";E={$VM.Name}},

@{N="VM CPU#";E={$vm.ExtensionData.Config.Hardware.NumCPU/$vm.ExtensionData.Config.Hardware.NumCoresPerSocket}},

@{N="VM CPU Core#";E={$vm.NumCPU}},

@{N="Datacenter";E={$Datacenter.name}},

@{N="Cluster";E={$Cluster.Name}},

@{N="Host";E={$vm.VMHost.Name}},

@{N="Host CPU#";E={$vm.VMHost.ExtensionData.Summary.Hardware.NumCpuPkgs}},

@{N="Host CPU Core#";E={$vm.VMHost.ExtensionData.Summary.Hardware.NumCpuCores/$vm.VMHost.ExtensionData.Summary.Hardware.NumCpuPkgs}},

@{N="Hard Disk";E={$HardDisk.Name}},

@{N="Datastore";E={$HardDisk.FileName.Split("]")[0].TrimStart("[")}},

@{N="VMConfigFile";E={$VM.ExtensionData.Config.Files.VmPathName}},

@{N="VMDKpath";E={$HardDisk.FileName}},

@{N="VMDK Size";E={($vm.extensiondata.layoutex.file|?{$_.name -contains $harddisk.filename.replace(".","-flat.")}).size/1GB}},

@{N="Drive Size";E={$HardDisk.CapacityGB}}
      }
    }
  }
}
$VmInfo | Export-Csv -NoTypeInformation -UseCulture -Path "c:\scripts\reports\report.csv"

0 Kudos