1. I installed NSX and did backup in sftp server, but the button of restore is inactive. I don't know why
I newly deployed second NSX manger but same.
2. if I do backup the nsx before deploy the NSX DVS, one day if I restore the NSX which installed the NSX DVS, how is it going? NSX DVS is gone like other configuration(segment, fw, loadbalancer etc)?
3. how to delete backup file in NSX manager and impossible to put some comment?
Thanks in advance
Hello, how are you?
1. When you have to restore NSX-T, be sure to deploy a new appliance with the same IP and Hostname (FQDN), as also in the same version as the old one. It not necessary to do anything else. Just deploy and point to the SFTP server with the right configurations.
2. When you backup NSX, all configurations will be written in the backup file. What you do after the backup obviously doesn't count. That's why it's interesting to backup periodically.
3. You can delete the old files directly in the SFTP server, but, check this doc: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.2/administration/GUID-ECFFBD6D-4D2F-4773-B552-...
As stated in the message, to restore from the backup, you have to use a new NSX Manager which should have the same IP or FQDN as the backup NSX Manager appliance.
If the backup listing for the backup you are restoring contains an IP address, you must deploy the new NSX Manager or Global Manager node with the same IP address. Do not configure the node to publish its FQDN.
If the backup listing for the backup you are restoring contains an FQDN, you must configure the new appliance node with this FQDN and publish the FQDN. Only lowercase FQDN is supported for backup and restore.
After the new manager node is running and online, you can proceed with the restore.
thank you for your reply, I tested the restoration, it works but It couldn't reverse NSX dvs to DVS
and then, if I did backup one NSX of cluster, restoration didn't works, it's normal?
I had to install 3 new NSX with cluster to restore backup ?