VMware Networking Community
wata2183
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Upgrade NSX-T 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 becuase vLCM failing NSXT health checks

Unable to Upgrade NSX-T 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 because vLCM is failing NSXT health checks

Error:
Pre-check failed
Completed 03/27/2023, 2:22:47 PM
2 issues on host bdcesx17.domain
  •  Failed to run health checks for NSX-T on 'bdcesx20.domain'
  •  Failed to run health checks for NSX-T on 'bdcesx21.domain'

NSX-T is able to Stage the VIBs onto vLCM, then I go to the Cluster > Updates > trying to run pre-checks and I get this error. I try Remediate and its failing as well.

I opened a few cases with vmware support but it just seems this process is new to everyone and no solution yet. 

NTP is all synced and NSXT is registered with Compute Manager using an Administrator level account.

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkSen
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

Did you ever find a solution to this by chance? Running into the same thing, though not specific to an NSX-T update but simply overall vLCM operations. Real PITA. 

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@wata2183,

Seems there is a fix on the version you are trying to go 🙂

However, could be something different, what do you see here: /var/log/upgrade-coordinator/upgrade-coordinator.log. That log is inside the NSX Manager.

0 Kudos
MarkSen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! I did figure it out. For anyone that swings back this way, the solution for me was a bad SSL certificate in one of the vCenter services. So, when it was saying it failed to do the health check, the translation was that NSX Manager was unable to communicate with vCenter and the vLCM in a trusted manner and the connection was being aborted. Updated the thumbprint in NSX and boom, all gravy. 

wata2183
Contributor
Contributor

The Fix is to Restart NSX Managers. 

There was a session ID/Tokent ID that got created between NSX-T Managers and vlCM when you register NSX-T with vLCM. 

Yes, the fix also is listed on the new Upgrade bundle.

Fixed Issue 3028358: vLCM remediation of a host cluster fails because of NSX-T health check issue.

The NSX-T log of the Upgrade Coordinator indicates a null pointer exception, which causes the API call to fail with HTTP 500 Internal server error.

0 Kudos