VMware Networking Community
saishreevj
Contributor
Contributor

NSXv and NSX-T

As we have services like netcpa on esxi which communicates with Controllers  and vsfwd communicates with NSX MP rabbitMQ service similar what services do we have in NSX-T ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SrVMoussa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, 

In NSX-T we have our NSX-RPC; which is two streams between the NSX Manager and the transport Node [ESXi and Edges]

Starting from NSXT 2.5 onwards [Till now ]

The answer is RPC channel for Management plane, another one for the Control plane

For Management the ESXI is connected to the 3 [I am giving an example that you have 3 Nodes cluster] 

For Control it would be only one Manager Node doing the control; the other 2 would be as a standby; should any Node goes down the cluster will takeover to distribute the job of the failed one(S)

Please note that The unified appliance [NSXT Manager Node] is doing both mgmt + ctrl.

For the Firewall if I remember correct ATM; it's vSIP built-in to ESXi 

Please feel free to ask more; and kindly mark as resolved if that answer your question(S).

Regards,
Khalid Moussa
0 Kudos
SrVMoussa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Adding to the above; the service name is NSX-Proxy [speaks to some other services on ESXi] then this speaks to APH [service name]

Regards,
Khalid Moussa
0 Kudos
saishreevj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, any documentation to understand them better.

0 Kudos
SrVMoussa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I assume not in the Admin guide [Didn't fully review it], but  definitely in the ICM docs.

Regards,
Khalid Moussa
0 Kudos