VMware Networking Community
jwouter4real
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed tunnel beween edge host and transport host

Good day,

For days i have been struggling to get a very basic test infrastructure up and running with no success.

It seems that the tunnel between the transport host and the edge host doesn’t come up, resulting in no traffic between the teir 0 router and the segments.

I am using the same ip subnet for all the tep interfaces, increase mtu to 1600 on all local and VDS switches.

Tried setting the vlan in the profile / or leaving it black.

Would appreciate suggestions on how to resolve this or troubleshoot this?

Running latest versions of NSX and ESX 7.0.3

Any help is greatly appriciated.

jwouter4real_0-1685958714638.png

jwouter4real_1-1685958742611.pngjwouter4real_2-1685958790442.png

jwouter4real_3-1685958817442.png

jwouter4real_4-1685958933731.pngjwouter4real_5-1685958949309.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jwouter4real
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I found out that the QuickStart guide has a mistake, I finally got it to work by connecting the NSX interface to a trunk port on a local switch (not the distributed switch as stated in the guide). Wasted a lot of time on this so thank you VMware ….

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jwouter4real
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

update

I can ping the TEP from the edge tranport node

jwouter4real_0-1685968272239.png

0 Kudos
sdebarros
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

try pinging the edge in question from a prepared ESXi Transport node..

vmkping ++netstack=VXLAN <Edge-TEP-IP-Addr> -d -s 1572  

(This will test for a 1600 MTU, I noticed you have 1700 in your Profile so try 1672 as well).

Make sure the edge is not a VM on the transport you are testing from..  Does the edge node also show as up and successfully deployed??

0 Kudos
jwouter4real
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I found out that the QuickStart guide has a mistake, I finally got it to work by connecting the NSX interface to a trunk port on a local switch (not the distributed switch as stated in the guide). Wasted a lot of time on this so thank you VMware ….

0 Kudos
CyberNils
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It is not required to use a local Standard Switch for this. VDS is fully supported and recommended so it must be something else you did wrong. Just wanted to let you and others know in case they see this post. But you need to follow these rules: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/83743

Nils Kristiansen
https://cybernils.net/
0 Kudos