VMware Horizon Community
advancedzz
Contributor
Contributor

Bluescreen showing error "Vmwvwebcam.sys" every day on guest OS.

Every day, approximately 10 machines must be rebooted because they display the Bluescreen error "Vmwvwebcam.sys." The company has approximately 500 computers, and approximately 10 of them display the problem each day. Uncertain what caused it. Is it possible to fix?

Details
VSphere Client version 7.0.3.01100
Vmware VMware Horizon : Version 2111
Vmware guest : Windows 10 22h2 (Build 10.0.19045.2486)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for Horizon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
FDST92
Contributor
Contributor

Dear @advancedzz ,

We faced the same issue and we found with the BSOD dumps that it was related to Snagit 2021.
We just updated the app and are waiting the wide range deploy to see if it's better with the 2023 version.

Best regards

0 Kudos
advancedzz
Contributor
Contributor

do you found blue screen Vmwvwebcam.sys like me?

0 Kudos
vShazerJr
Contributor
Contributor

We have been seeing this issue as well. We were using VMware Agent 2206 but so far during testing, haven't seen this issue using 2212. I have had Microsoft analyze the dump file and it is related to VMware products. I opened another ticket with VMware on this issue, 23411163402. 

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I experienced this too, but it seems to be fixed with Horizon Agent 2209 , CS 2209.

0 Kudos
mlindgren1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We were also experiencing this in Horizon 2111. It disappeared after we upgraded to Horizon 2212.

As @yukiafronia mentioned it seems to to be resolved with Horizon 2209. I noticed that Horizon Agent 2209 had an updated driver version of Vmwvwebcam.sys.

The Horizon technical support semmed to be unaware of this change, but hopefully people who are experiencing this will find their way to this community thread.

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi , @mlindgren1 

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue successfully.
If everything is OK, please mark it as "resolved."

@scott28tt 

I suspect that quite a few people experience this problem.
Can Scott spread the word about this thread?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@yukiafronia 

As per my signature, I don't use the Communities in any official capacity - I don't know who would be the correct person for me to tag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Your best bet is to stick with support(make sure they keep you updated), and posting places like here and reddit if you want other people to see it, but its unlikely that most volunteers here have direct access to anything on in the buisness unit that could help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos