VMware Communities
mgarciaga
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

windows xp sobre macox

Hola,

Tengo dos máquinas virtuales una con Ubuntu y otra con WIndows xp. Pues Bien la de XP, se queda colgada intentado restaurar.

¿Alguien me puede ayudar?

Muchas Gracias.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Note: This is like pulling the plug from the wall on a Physical Computer. Anything not saved will be lost and there is always the possibility of corrupting the Filesystem when preforming a Hard Shutdown! (Although you may have no other choice but to do this.)

VMware Fusion menu bar > Virtual Machine > press the option key and select Power Off

1718_1718.gif

Pressing the alt/option key changes "Shutdown Guest" to "Power Off".

Note: It also changes the "Suspend Guest" and "Restart Guest" commands too.

Or if that doesn't work then...

On the Virtual Machine Library ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine and select Show in Finder and the ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine Package and then after closing Fusion delete the .vmss file. Note: Anything that was not saved from the suspended state will be lost by deleting the .vmss file. Note: However you may have not other choice is the Virtual Machine will not suspend/unsuspend/shutdown/start properly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Note: This is like pulling the plug from the wall on a Physical Computer. Anything not saved will be lost and there is always the possibility of corrupting the Filesystem when preforming a Hard Shutdown! (Although you may have no other choice but to do this.)

VMware Fusion menu bar > Virtual Machine > press the option key and select Power Off

1718_1718.gif

Pressing the alt/option key changes "Shutdown Guest" to "Power Off".

Note: It also changes the "Suspend Guest" and "Restart Guest" commands too.

Or if that doesn't work then...

On the Virtual Machine Library ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine and select Show in Finder and the ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine Package and then after closing Fusion delete the .vmss file. Note: Anything that was not saved from the suspended state will be lost by deleting the .vmss file. Note: However you may have not other choice is the Virtual Machine will not suspend/unsuspend/shutdown/start properly.

0 Kudos
mgarciaga
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks, but i don´t have this options " Power off" enables....

some any idea?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

thanks, but i don´t have this options " Power off" enables....

some any idea?

As I already said... "VMware Fusion menu bar > Virtual Machine > press the option key and select Power Off" and "Pressing the alt/option key changes "Shutdown Guest" to "Power Off""...

You have to press the Option or Alt Key to get the menu item to change!

Or as I said...

"Or if that doesn't work then...

On the Virtual Machine Library ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine and select Show in Finder and the ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine Package and then after closing Fusion delete the .vmss file. Note: Anything that was not saved from the suspended state will be lost by deleting the .vmss file. Note: However you may have not other choice is the Virtual Machine will not suspend/unsuspend/shutdown/start properly."

0 Kudos
mgarciaga
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excuse me, the problem is my english...

i think that it is ok.

thank

0 Kudos